The Government has announced a series of measures to help businesses cope with the impacts of coronavirus:
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme: click here to check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme .
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: click here for details of the support to continue paying part of employees’ salary for those that would otherwise have been laid off .
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme: for information on this scheme, please visit the British Business Bank website.
- Bounce Back Loans: The Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) has been designed to enable smaller businesses to access finance more quickly. Click here to apply.
To check what support may be available to you, please use this business support finder on the Government business support website: https://www.gov.uk/business-coronavirus-support-finder
Government has also made available guidance to assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff about how to prevent the spread of viruses and what to do if an employee becomes unwell – click here to view the guidance.
Other useful resources for businesses include:
- HMRC has a tax helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Find all the information here. The number is 0800 0159 559.
- Companies House has produced guidance if coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected your company and you need more time to file your accounts. Find all the information here.
- Business Continuity Management Toolkit – the Government has published a toolkit to help organisations develop a business continuity plan – click here to download the toolkit.
- Home working: preparing your organisation and staff – the National Cyber Security Centre has published advice to help organisations prepare for home working – click here.
The Business Resilience Programme has one-to-one remote advice sessions available for businesses located in the D2N2, Greater Lincolnshire and Leicester and Leicestershire LEP areas – to check availability and to book a session, go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/building-business-resilience-in-the-east-midlands-29583932995
Information for businesses about coronavirus is also available on the three partner Growth Hub websites:
EU Exit – Building Business Resilience
The Building Business Resilience Programme aims to ensure that businesses in the East Midlands are informed and prepared to deal with any challenges that may result from the UK’s departure from the European Union, as well as to help them spot and capitalise upon opportunities that may result. The Programme offers a range of services to businesses:
· Building Business Resilience – Getting Ready Briefings
The Getting Ready briefings will combine a keynote talk from EU exit expert, Neil Warwick OBE, giving the latest insights from government, interactive support, an introduction to the Are You Ready? interactive audit tool and a chance to network with specialist advisers and support organisations from across the region who can provide you with specific advice and help.
· Building Business Resilience – Making Sense of the Next Steps seminars
Using the Are You Ready? interactive audit tool, these seminars will help you to identify what steps you need to take before December 2020 and develop a plan to help you get there on time, as well as thinking beyond the EU exit transition period and the opportunities and challenges that change brings to ensure your business can get fit for the future.
· Building Business Resilience – Sector Opportunity Briefings and Workshops
Sector-specific workshops for businesses in the Transport and Logistics, Engineering and Manufacturing, Tourism and Food and Drink sectors to help businesses in these sectors who may face particular challenges.
For more details, please click on the link to the events listed below:
· Building Business Resilience – one-to-one support
In addition, businesses can also access one-to-one support from specialist advisors, who will help them improve their resilience, ensure they are on track to be EU exit-ready and develop a bespoke Action Plan to help them move forward with confidence.
The Programme is fully-funded at no cost to your business and is available to businesses of all sizes located in:
· Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire;
· Greater Lincolnshire, or;
· Leicester and Leicestershire.
Businesses can access up to 12 hours support – including any workshops or seminars they attend – to help them prepare for the UK’s exit from the EU and a further 12 hours to develop their resilience and look for opportunities for growth.
To express interest in the Building Business Resilience Programme, please complete the contact form below.
Listed below are other events being delivered in the local area to help businesses prepare for the UK’s exit from the EU:
- No events scheduled at present
To find out about other support available to your business, please visit your local Growth Hub website:
· Greater Lincolnshire – www.businesslincolnshire.com
· Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire – www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk
· Leicestershire – www.bizgateway.org.uk/
If you wish to contact your local Growth Hub about the Business Resilience programme, please telephone:
- Greater Lincolnshire – 07825 344646
- Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – 0333 006 9178
- Leicester and Leicestershire – 0116 366 8487